BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Why So Arbitrary?



As my first entry I would like to rant about the word arbitrary and how I had this grand idea to name my blog after it. I know some or you are thinking 'Wow, I stumbled upon this blog hoping to find something interesting, but instead I find this piece instead. The girl must not have a life.' which I would reply, 'You're still reading it and you may be right about the not having a life thing, not sure yet. lol.' (wouldn't actually say lol, but you get the point. moving on.) While others may be thinking 'Please don't give a definition, please, please, pretty please!' unto which I would said, 'Too late I'm going to give you one anyway so deal with it!'.


And for the moment you've all been waiting for (Tada!), the dictionary's definition of arbitrary:

ar·bi·trary

Pronunciation: \ˈär-bə-ˌtrer-ē, -ˌtre-rē\

Function: adjective
Date: 15th century

1 : depending on individual discretion (as of a judge) and not fixed by law
2 a : not restrained or limited in the exercise of power : ruling by absolute authority b : marked by or resulting from the unrestrained and often tyrannical exercise of power
3 a : based on or determined by individual preference or convenience rather than by necessity or the intrinsic nature of something *b : existing or coming about seemingly at random or by chance or as a capricious and unreasonable act of will*


......I think you get the point. This all came about when my roommate and I were having this deliciously random conversation about the last season of American Idol and Adam Lambert? Not quite sure on that factoid. Apparently that night I found out I was arbitrary, after some 21 years of life I never knew this about myself. Ever happened to you? Happened to me. And I would like to take this opportunity to tell my wonderful roommate 'Thank you for giving me fodder for my first blog entry. I also think everyone out in bloggersville appreciates it too.'

Riveting story, right?

But yeah..... I know this was probably the worst or best, depending, two minutes of your life if you made it this far. Unto that I would like to say thank you for sitting and reading my senseless babbling. Hopefully I didn't kill every cell in your brain. I promise the next blogs I do will not be this crappy. If there are going to be anymore I have not a clue, for I fear that I may have just been booed and wtf'ed into oblivion. Until then see you on the flip side or something to that extinct.



To Be Continued??..........



1 comments:

Christina Harper said...

Hi. My name's Christina. I'm the roomate. HA! Which means I'm awesome.

Yay for me.

I get the feeling that this whole blog of yours is going to be nothing but one big, seamless, arbitrary conversation between you, yourself, and all of my multiple personalities.

Wait. Did I say "my" I meant "YOUR" multiple personalities.

I'm not psycho...